# of tantrums thrown in car: 2
# of tantrums thrown in car by kids: 1
Things I learned on day 2:
- Missouri has a lot of rest areas. They are all junky, even for rest area standards.
- If it’s even possible, Kansas has more rest areas than Missouri. And double that amount in truck stops.
- There is nothing else in Kansas except what is mentioned above. Oh, except windmills. And Jock Ewing-era oil rigs.
- I don’t know why anyone lives in Kansas.
- I CAN drive a minivan without my head exploding. And I have to admit it’s a pretty smooth ride.
- Kids can watch the same episodes of Dora the Explorer over and over and over. But, that is not unlike me and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Lucky 7, and Something to Talk About. And every episode of Sex and the City. No judgment here, kids!
- Even Applebee’s tastes pretty damn good after 8+ hours in a car with 2 toddlers.
On the docket for tomorrow–more Kansas, surely more rest areas, then finally Denver YAY!